A brave, frank, clean-hearted, courageous and aspiring youth is the only foundation on which the future nation can be built.
- Swami Vivekananda
Youth and Idealism
In this fast-paced tech-controlled ecosystem, is today’s youth becoming cocooned in self-interest and gratification of limited momentary pleasures of their own. They are indeed a new generation – seemingly on individualistic mission of their own – detached and uncaring of the universal good. Or so we think.
In reality, the youth of today has its own vision of the world, born into an earth that is evolving through unprecedented levels of consciousness. Their idealism is aligned to the new light that is breaking into earth from the unknown realms of long deep somnolence. This article gives a unique perspective of the idealism of today’s youth in the evolutionary perspective.
Lights on Life
Pulses of truth that clears up life’s pathway and makes it a joyful and confident journey
Our ordinary life is fraught with doubts, confusions and questions on its various aspects. Our Questions and Answers section is a compilation of questions on multiple subjects, asked by aspirants to Sri Aurobindo and The Mother and the answers given by Them. Please visit - an answer may be awaiting you, even if you do not have a question.
Patriotism is good, excellent, divine only when it furthers the end of universal humanity. Nationality divorced from humanity is a source of weakness and evil and not of strength and good.
On life’s journey, we are sometimes struck by a distressing obstacle in our path, numbing our strength and capacities to move ahead. Or it could also be a strong aspiration that blindly seeks an expression. At these times, if we concentrate and sincerely search for an inner guidance, it does somehow reach us through some means and a path opens up, almost like miracle! If you are in a situation like this, try our Guidance section and see if it helps. Do share your experience with us.
Events and Announcements
Glimpses of recent activities at SAS
Heal Yourself with the Power of Consciousness
Here is a thought. Amidst all the highly advanced external means, in truth, it is only Consciousness that really has the power to go deep into the roots of all illnesses and expunge it for good. It alone provides the key to perfect immunity. If this resonates with you, join this 12 day-certified online course starting on 9 August 2021, organised by NAMAH, the Journal of Integral Health.
Kalajatha in the act of awareness
Kalajatha, a folk format of street theatre, can become a powerful tool to embed messages deep into the minds of the audience through its engaging play-act and screenplay. The young team of Swarnim Puducherry turned into Kalajatha actors as they took their own street play, lined with humor and thrills, to several villages in Puducherry. The aim was to raise awareness among the public on the Covid-19 pandemic, demystifying fake rumours about the vaccine and consequent vaccination hesitancy. As they wowed the audience with their performance and were themselves overwhelmed with the accolades, they successfully planted the cure for reluctance towards vaccination in the eligible individuals in the gathered crowd.
Rural Women Leadership Training
SARVAM along with LTFS, Mumbai is engaging women to promote cashless transactions in Poothurai and the surrounding villages. These Digital Sakhis were given leadership training to help them confidently handle sales and market scenarios
Love and Attachment
The complex entanglement of love and attachment was explored and unmeshed in this 6-day online workshop in June. Learn about the unique discoveries of the participants.
Finding One’s Key
SAFIER organized a 7-week exclusive online workshop starting May 2021, for teacher-facilitators aiming to help re-connect them with their inner selves and re-orient & re-organise their life with the help of several key practices of Integral Education
The Readers’ Column
Sushmita, our regular contributor for AuroNews, lucidly captures the lights of great truths in simple Short Bursts.
- For every ‘why’, ‘what’, ‘how’ that Science has answer, there is still another ‘why’, ‘what’ and ‘how’ that Science has to answer, till it reads the signs and accepts that it is not an end in itself but a mere means towards the Endless All — a means to understand and acknowledge the Super Science which is beyond proofs and yet by arriving at it, the means realises itself.
- This journey at times mocks and at times shocks: enemy becomes ally and an ally, the enemy!
- Thou moan and bark that he is thy enemy, an enemy of the Truth. But canst thou deny that he too is an ally? An ally in the garb of an enemy who makes thee see the Truth and makes thy resolve stronger — not the least by making thee fumble and falter and fall, to realise that thou hast fumbled and faltered and fallen for his lures.
- The Divine ensures that in this Travellogue all lines are breached and crossed, all dualities, – especially the ones scorned and criticised, – are lived, before one can arrive at His undivided Unity.
- In spite of the spite, there is no respite: there is no respite till the spite is no more, till we are made to personify all that we judge.
- To be True, why dost thou need others too to be True? To be True, why dost thou want the false to fall?
- What a misnomer is the word, ‘premeditation’! How misleading! One of the surest means to pre-empt and prevent meditation it is! Afterall duality, the prefix ‘pre’ too has to serve!
- What thou instigate, thou later castigate. Or better to say: What thou castigate, thou thyself instigate. Only thing is that either thou know not or thou want to accept not.
- Equality facilitates and ensures and fortifies Creativity.
- If thou want not to be spontaneous, premeditate.
Dose of Sunshine
(…is all we need to embrace life with a smile!)
Potion of Laughter
Lockdowns are slowly being lifted from various parts of the world and life is cruising back to normal. But what happened to a ‘normal’ conversation? A ‘normal’ home assignment? Get a few tips on ‘normal’ before you venture into a ‘normal’ day.
Teacher: No one is allowed to share any stationary in school because of the Corona virus,
Students: That’s why we are not sharing our assignments with you, mam.
Teacher: What positive aspect did you observe during the lockdown?
Students: Online classes where kids can get their parents’ mobile for a long time, without cross checking.
Teacher: Why are you late?
Student: I started late from home.
Teacher: Why didn’t you start early?
Student: By the time I woke up, it was too late to start early.
Teacher: “George Washington not only chopped down his father’s cherry tree, but also admitted it. Now, Louie, do you know why his father didn’t punish him?
Student: Because George still had the axe in his hand.
Teacher: Why are you late?
Student: Traffic, sir.
Teacher: But it’s online class
Student: Sir, Network traffic.
A Capsule of Good News
Lend me your ears ….
“Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears” said Mark Antony. In the digital age, are we lending our ears to anyone or anything but our headphones? Adrià Ballester is concerned that the art of conversation would go extinct, if it does not get immediate focus of humans. Before the refreshing sounds of known voices, including our own, drift away from our lives completely, let us join her to revive the beautiful art of conversation.